Rosemary

Fun With Books Blog

Fearless (The Story of Samantha Smith, #1)

Fearless (The Story of Samantha Smith, #1) - Devon Hartford

I really enjoyed this book. The story was great, as were the characters, especially Christos - he is creative and intelligent, charming and caring, and as if that isn't enough, he is also very, very sexy. Another two really interesting characters are Romeo and Kamiko. The two of them made a good book even better with their banter and their awesome friendship, I loved them both.

And then there is Samantha ............ this girl had me grinding my teeth many times. I could not for the life of me understand what Christos saw in her. She was jealous and possessive when she had no right to be; she was also incredibly insecure and had no self esteem. She pouted, she sulked. So, what did Christos see in her? I have no idea. The further I read, the more I understood some of her issues - she had a traumatic two years behind her, a seemingly loveless home-life, and her extreme loneliness could all have had this effect on her, but still, I would like to have seen what Christos saw in her to fall so completely (wow, this was actually really awesome, you must read it) in love with her.

I hope that Reckless - book 2 in the series, will give more insight into who Samantha is, and I am looking forward to meeting the real Sam.Would I recommend this book? Most definitely, it is a good read.