Rosemary

Fun With Books Blog

The Dark

The Dark - Jason Brant For someone who breaks out in a sweat at the thought of going out into the dead of night, this book was really scary, but I actually found myself so engrossed in the story and tragedy unfolding that I was surprised when I got to the end without once, having to take a break.The characters were all well thought out and their reactions to what was going on around them was exactly how I think, or hope, some of my braver friends would react - me on the other hand, I would probably hide out in a closet somewhere with a few flashlights and a box of batteries - just in case.The story itself was great and flowed well, with the right amount of breathing space in between all the suspense. I often wonder about the repercussions of the scientific experiments being carried out around the world - how many times has disaster been averted or covered up? We will probably never know, and it is probably better that way, but this book certainly made me think even more about what we don't know.The Dark is a great book and I highly recommend it. It has a great set of characters, a great story line, and is told in a way that will make you think twice about switching off the light at night, and facing ......... The Dark.I really, really love book covers, and the cover of The Dark does this book justice, it is awesome - a work of art.