Rosemary

Fun With Books Blog

Six pound nineteen per witching hour: Paranormal Personnel Saga #1

£6.19 per Witching Hour - Joanna Mazurkiewicz I bought this book because the title intrigued me - that is a first, ever :) The story is written in a first person narrative which was a bit unsettling at times, but putting that aside, I really enjoyed it.It is amusing to read a story about all these paranormal creatures living their day to day life in London – living and working next to humans who have no clue that the person working or living next door to them, is either an elf, a giant, a witch or a troll, or any other paranormal creature. There were even a few hags, which was awesome (I know a few hags. I don’t think they are paranormal, but I will be watching them closely, you never know).I like the main character Julia, she is tough, ambitious and independent, but at the same time vulnerable when it comes to her relationships with those she loves, which makes her very likeable.The sizzling hot vampire, Nathaniel La Caz, is Julia’s love interest. I am not sure how I feel about him, he is sexy and successful, but he often comes across as dominant and selfish, and yet at other times he can be caring and romantic – he is a complex character who knows what he wants, and sets out to get it, no matter the cost.The author did a really good job with the very interesting story line. All the characters were well thought out, and it was a pleasure to follow their progress throughout the book. The story and the characters are what sold me on this series, and I am looking forward to the next book.I am giving this book 4 stars, despite the slight problem I had with the writing style, it deserves it, it is a really good read.