Rosemary

Fun With Books Blog

Killer Instinct

Killer Instinct - Zoe Sharp I really enjoyed Killer Instinct, and loved Charlie Fox. She is tough and independent and is certainly not someone to mess with. As tough as she is, she is also a survivor who is compassionate and caring and comes across as somewhat vulnerable, so all in all a complex character. I think Zoë Sharp did an outstanding job in building up the character of Charlie to make her someone we can relate to.I felt for Charlie when she was interacting with her parents who had let her down so badly when she needed them the most, and could understand her reluctance to forgive her mother, but at the same time felt badly for the mother – only a really good author can do that The other characters in the book were just as well thought out. The tough club bouncers were so tightly strung one word could send them into a frightening rage, other characters were really sad and troubled and were tilting over the edge, and then of course the manipulative charmer – I would like to have read a page or two of Charlie putting him in his place.The book was full of action and suspense, lots of dives and turns, and just when I thought I had it all figured out, Zoë threw a curve ball and I was back to wondering – who done it?All in all a very good read, with good strong characters: some you love, some you wish you can slap, and some who disappoint you when their true colours are revealed.It is a great book and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good thriller – on to book two ‘Riot Act’