Rosemary

By: Stephanie Andrassy

Published: September 19, 2012

Genre: Historical Romance

I adore this cover.

Every once in a while, if you are lucky enough, you get to read a book like Noble Lies.

At 803 pages, it is certainly not a quick read, but it is so worth it. It is one of those books that stays with you long after you turn the last page. I read this book in March and I still find myself thinking about it all the time.It is a period piece, with beautiful ball gowns worn by the women of the nobility, horse and carriage transportation and candles and lanterns and roaring fires, beautifully romantic .......... Yes, it could have been all that, but when your marriage is arranged at birth and you meet your intended partner for the first time a few days before the marriage takes place, the romance of the setting can soon turn to tears and heartache when one part of the 'couple' does not want to get married.

The author weaves a story of love and despair, corruption and evil, lies and deceit, but ultimately reveals a love story that is based on trust, commitment and understanding - it is a love that surpasses all other.It is a beautifully written story, and is one that will stay with me for a very long time.

I bought Just Live, Juliette also by the same author yesterday.