Rosemary

Let My Love Open the Door:  Behind Blue Eyes series

By Anne-Marie Klein

Published: April 1, 2013

Genre: Rock fiction

I am a huge fan of Anne-Marie Klein’s Behind Blue Eyes series.  When I bought and read the first book Love Reign O'er Me, I was so caught up in the story unfolding I immediately downloaded the following two books in the series.  I read Love Ain't For Keeping shortly after the first book - it is a really great book.

Ian has carried on with his life and has come to terms with his past and his losses, but he is not truly happy.  Even though he is enjoying the success the band has achieved, and he has his young daughter whom he adores, it is not enough, there is something missing in his life.  I was thrilled when an old flame entered his life, she is perfect for him, but things do not always go according to plan.  Ian often finds himself with his foot firmly in his mouth as he has a habit of saying things before thinking them through, or in anger without meaning to, and this gets him into a lot of trouble - and there comes a time when this leads to his worst nightmare.

I always listen to music when I read, and while I was reading this book a song came up on the playlist – Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.  This song to me is what Ian is about, loving and being loved.  Another two favorite songs that come to mind that I really enjoyed listening to while reading this series is Parisienne Walkways and Stairway to Heaven, both of these songs have a nostalgic feel to them, and for me, they fit in perfectly with the story.

I loved this book and highly recommend it.  It is a beautiful, well written sexy rock ‘n roll love story, and is written with a very obvious passion for music, which I appreciate.

None of the books in the series end on a cliffhanger, they all flow effortlessly into each other.  I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series – even though I know it will be the last book, but I am hopeful that the author will carry on writing, and give us another Rock ‘n Roll series we can get lost in.

I loved this book.