Rosemary

The Blood Whisperer

By Zoe Sharp

Published:  September 2, 2013

Genre: Mystery / Thriller / Suspense

The Blood Whisperer by Zoë Sharp has restored my love for the thriller/mystery genre, and reminded me what it is about the genre that I love so much.

This is a standalone novel featuring Kelly Jacks.  It tells the story of how Kelly ended up on the other side of the spectrum, as a clean-up specialist rather than a crime scene specialist.

Kelly is a really strong character, and I certainly would not mess with her.  She has some serious skills which she picked up when she was serving time in prison for murder, and she is not scared to use them when necessary.

She is on a mission - she is determined to clear her name of the latest charges against her, and will not stop until she gets the answers.  Things don’t always go according to plan though, and she finds herself in some difficult situations.

It is a great story, with lots of twists and turns I never saw coming, and yet when they burst onto the page I was both amazed and impressed.

As is usual with Zoë Sharp, the writing is brilliant, the plot masterful and the characters all well thought out and executed, which is a huge plus for me – I like to feel a connection to the characters portrayed.

I am unashamedly a ‘people watcher’, I like to know what makes people tick, and Zoë Sharp nails this perfectly – her characters come alive on the page, from the main character to the random guy in the office, they are all people with a history, they are people you would either like to get to know, or would avoid at all costs.

It is always such a pleasure to read a book by this author.  I highly recommend The Blood Whisperer, it is a brilliant read.

Source: http://funwithbooksblog.com/2013/09/23/blood-whisperer-zoe-sharp