Rosemary

Author: Penny Reid

Published: March 14, 2013

Genre: Romance

I adored this book.

After reading and enjoying Friends Without Benefits by Penny Reid, I was sure I would enjoy this one too, and I was quite happy to jump right in and start reading it straight away.

I am sure we have all read a book that we did not want to finish – because it was so enjoyable.  It would have been perfect if I could have read a chapter a day.  That would have meant I could read a bit every day for the next few weeks and have something to look forward to each day – but that is unfortunately not how it works.  I could not put this book down, not for anything.

I loved the two main characters, Janie and Quinn.  They are two total opposites, and yet so perfect for each other.

Janie is in fact one of my favourite characters of all time.  There is just something so endearing about her.  I loved that she was so smart.  I also loved her eccentricities, her ‘geekiness’/’nerdiness’ and her somewhat naive outlook on life.  The fact that she came out with the most amazing and totally irrelevant information whenever she became nervous or flustered made for hilarious reading.  I adored her.

Quinn, he is her Sir McHotpants.  He is The Boss.  He is sexy and gorgeous, but is very serious and stern most of the time, and yet he was putty in her hands.  I loved that too - he is a great character.

Thanks goodness I read this on my Kindle – there were words I have never seen, never mind heard, in my life before, so the dictionary was used on a number of occasions.  Not that I am complaining, I enjoyed it.

The only thing I did not like about this book, is the fact that it had to end.  I am now at a loss - what do I read next?

BookLikes has become my favourite place to find new books to read ..... I am off to find my next best read.